With temperatures rising and summer on it’s way, it is only natural to forget about the winter sports industry . . . . apart from booking next year’s ski holiday that is!
But if you do one ski thing this summer, Disability Snowsports UK are asking you to be their friend. Want to know why? Then read on . . .
DSUK wants to make a million friends, and if each our friends donated £1 by text or £2 online, we could deliver much more!
Statistics show us that 170,000 non-disabled people ski once a month but less than 1,000 disabled people take part. If disabled people could ski at the same rate as their non-disabled peers there would be 25,000 disabled skiers on the slopes each month.
Furthermore, a million non-disabled people ski overseas each year. If disabled people were keeping up with their non-disabled peers, their number would be about 150,000. In reality it is just a few thousand.
With our friends’ help we could provide so much more access to disabled snowsports:
- We could train more adaptive ski instructors
- We could train more volunteer helpers
- We could increase the number of our overseas trips
- We could expand our adaptive ski schools around the UK
- We could provide a strong pathway for future Paralympians, provide more support to the British Disabled Ski Team to win medals at Sochi and beyond, the list goes on!
We need your help! Please become one of our friends and help us help
http://www.justgiving.com/dsukfriends – JustGiving page
http://www.youtube.com/dsuksnowsport – for videos of our work in action